Dr Healy specialises in all aspects of musculoskeletal imaging with a particular expertise in sports injury.
He is radiologist to the England Rugby Football Union (ERFU) and English Cricket Board (ECB) and many of his patients are professional footballers, rugby players and athletes from across the UK. He provided radiology imaging services at the World Indoor Athletics Championship and the Beijing 2008 Olympics.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
- Vice Chair, Radiology, Organising Committee, 2012 Olympics
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, Imperial College, London
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Dr Healy is editor of four books and was lead and section editor of chapters in Gray’s Anatomy.
- He has contributed chapters to medical textbooks and published over 70 peer-reviewed papers, as well as contributing several hundred abstracts for national and international radiological meetings.
- He is an international lecturer and teacher on radiology, sports and exercise medicine, rheumatology and orthopaedics.
- British Society of Musculoskeletal Radiologists
- UK Association of Doctors in Sport
- British Association of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- British Institute of Radiology
- International Skeletal Society