Dr Mitchell specialises in musculoskeletal imaging, with particular expertise in sports injury.
He is radiologist to numerous Premier League and Championship football teams, professional cricket clubs and numerous rugby union teams. Dr Mitchell works with many International football, cricket and Rugby teams. He also provided radiological imaging services for individual athletes at the Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016 Olympics.
Recent and current appointments
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, Imperial College, London
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Dr Mitchell is author of Gray’s Anatomy for Students 1st, 2nd and 3rd editions, Gray’s Pocket Atlas of Anatomy and Gray’s Anatomy for Students flash cards.
- He is the editor of multiple books, including Applied Radiological Anatomy and Applied Radiological Anatomy for Medical Students and has published over 50 peer-reviewed papers.
- He is an international lecturer and teacher in radiology and sports imaging.
- Royal College of Radiologists
- Royal College of Surgeons
- British Society of Musculoskeletal Radiologists