The Physician Team at Fortius provides leading expertise in the fields of Rheumatology, Sport and Exercise Medicine, Metabolic Bone Medicine and Pain Management.
The Consultants in the team are at the forefront of their fields. They provide care for a wide spectrum of patients, from high performance and recreational athletes to people with arthritis, musculoskeletal conditions in sport and work, chronic pain and fatigue syndromes.
The Physician Team's philosophy is to provide a holistic model of care to optimise health, well-being and human performance. The Consultants work with other professionals including physiotherapists, physical therapists and rehabilitation specialists, strength and conditioning trainers, nutritionists and biomechanists in addition to surgical and radiology colleagues at Fortius to ensure the best outcomes for their patients.
Our physician services can be accessed as part of an integrated diagnostic and treatment programme, but are also available independently.
- Provision of expert integrated medical care for musculoskeletal injuries
- Provision of medical care for rheumatological disorders
- Provision of medical care for all aspects of heath in relation to sport, exercise and occupational musculoskeletal problems.
- Support of surgical and pain management services
- Prescribing exercise as part of the management of patients with a wide range of chronic diseases and to optimise rehabilitation strategies for the prevention and management of injuries
- Screening of specific groups prior to vigorous exercise
- Advice around the Medical and scientific care of teams
- Optimisation of performance in the healthy athlete
Support and advisory service for the serious athlete and coaches