Our podiatrists work with our team of specialists to analyse a wide range of orthopaedic conditions and design a personalised treatment plan for each patient. You will normally be referred to a podiatrist by one of our orthopaedic surgeons, although you can contact us to ask for a direct referral if you prefer.
Patients attend the podiatric clinic from a wide range of sports - including track and field athletics, skiing, football and rugby - and have access to a variety of treatments. These include temporary or customised orthotics, best trainer/footwear advice and, where appropriate, a structured training or rehabilitation programme.
You may be referred to a podiatrist for a number of reasons including:
- Activity related lower back pain associated with foot posture
- Any activity related pain affecting the foot and ankle
- Ankle instability (re-occurring sprains)
- Functional Knee pain or other knee conditions
- Foot profile concerns (pronated or supinated feet)
- Iliotibial band (ITB) syndrome (runner’s knee)
- Exercise induced shin pain (shin splints)
- Metatarsal pain on activity (metatarsalgia)
- Morton’s neuroma