Mr Davies specialises in reconstructive surgery and sports injury to the knee.
His surgical interests include ligament repair and joint replacement and he has particular expertise in reconstructive surgery and sports injury.
Following training on the NW Thames Training Programme from 1994-1998, Mr Andrew Davies undertook two fellowships in reconstructive knee surgery at the leading Sports Medicine Clinic in Sydney and Perth, Australia.
He was appointed as a Specialist Knee Surgeon to Guy’s & St Thomas’ Hospital in 2000. His teaching hospital practice is very much weighted towards complex and revision surgery referred from all over the South East and elsewhere. Mr Davies has built up expertise in all aspects of knee reconstruction with more than 2000 ACL reconstructions and several thousand arthroscopies.
Mr Davies’ practice focuses on ligament reconstruction, all aspects of cartilage surgery, complex reconstruction including osteotomy and joint replacement including partial, complete and revision. His special interests include knee surgery, reconstructive ligament surgery, joint replacement, meniscal repair, sports injuries.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Knee Surgeon, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, King’s College, London
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Contributed to multiple publications in the field of knee surgery
- Lectures and teaches about knee surgery internationally
- British Orthopaedic Association
- European Society of Sports Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy