Mr Lavelle specialises in knee treatment, and has a particular expertise in soft tissue and replacement surgery.
He also specialises in ligament reconstruction and meniscal surgery. He has worked with many professional rugby and football clubs, as well as with the Professional Jockeys Association in the UK. He is associated with a number of overseas ski resorts.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, Imperial College, London
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Contributed to multiple peer-reviewed journals and is a reviewer for The British Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- Key lecturer at Imperial College and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
- He has also organised training courses for postgraduate surgery
- Lectures internationally on knee treatment
- Royal College of Surgeons
- British Orthopaedic Association
- European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)