Mr Houlihan-Burne specialises in all aspects of knee surgery.
His surgical interests include knee cartilage and ligament injury treatment as well as knee arthritis, particularly in the younger patient. In 2013, Mr Houlihan-Burne was listed in Tatler magazine's 'Doctors Guide'.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon, The Fortius Clinic London, 3 Rivers Clinic Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Has written and contributed to a number of publications in the field of knee surgery
- Teaches and lectures on several national and international courses for trainee and established surgeons
- Former clinical advisor to the Department of Health establishing new rehabilitation regimes for knee surgery patients
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Surgeons
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee (Executive Member 2011-2013)
- British Association for Sports and Exercise Medicine