Mr Khaled Sarraf was appointed as a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (based both at St Mary’s Hospital and Charing Cross Hospital). He is a Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at Imperial College London. He is also the Lead of the Children and Adolescent Bone and Joint Unit at The Cromwell Hospital.
His specialist interest lies in all aspects of trauma, hip and knee conditions and sports injuries, of all ages. He is able to perform a wide variety of procedures, including trauma surgery, adult hip and knee reconstructive and joint replacement surgery as well as minimally invasive and arthroscopic surgery and joint preservation surgery including cartilage surgery, ligament reconstruction and meniscal surgery. He has been involved in the management of professional athletes at all levels, from Premiership to the Academy level given his added paediatric expertise. He has worked with multiple sports clubs including Premiership Football and Rugby, Jockeys, Olympic Sports and Athletics, Judo and others.
His academic research interest remains at the forefront of his work with over 70 peer reviewed publications in the orthopaedic literature, multiple book chapters and an author of 2 orthopaedic textbooks. He has presented his research both nationally and internationally. He has 2 international patents to his name, and has designed multiple surgical instrumentation.
Current and recent appointments
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon - Imperial College Healthcare Trust/St Mary's Hospital
- Honorary Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon - Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
- Honorary Senior Lecturer - Imperial College London
- Council Member of the Orthopaedic Section of the Royal Society of Medicine
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Society for Children's Orthopaedic Surgery
- SICOT - Vice Chair of the Scientific Programme
- Royal College of Surgeons (England)