Mr Guthrie specialises in surgery for sports injury, knee joint preservation and knee joint replacement.
His surgical interests include knee arthroscopy, anterior cruciate and other ligament reconstruction, osteotomy around the knee and partial and total knee replacement.
Recent and current appointments
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
- St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre
- Parkside Hospital, Wimbledon
- Spire St Anthony’s Hospital, North Cheam
Honorary Treasurer, Combined Services Orthopaedic Society
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Authored and contributed to several peer reviewed publications.
- Teaches medical students and junior surgeons at his university teaching hospital and regionally.
- Is UK faculty on surgical training courses including AO (Association for the Study of Internal Fixation) and ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support).
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- Orthopaedic Trauma Society
- MBE - Appointed member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire in 2005