Mr Hunt specialises in all aspects of knee surgery.
His surgical interests include arthroscopy, ligament reconstruction and sports knee surgery as well as arthritis surgery including osteotomy, chondral and meniscal surgery, uni-compartmental, partial and revision knee replacement.
He played rugby for many years and is a keen skier and tennis player and understands the frustrations (for amateurs as well as professionals) of being unable to return to sport after an injury.
Current and recent appointments
- Consultant Knee Surgeon, York Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Has written and contributed to a number of publications in peer-reviewed journals and participates in research and clinical trials.
- Teaches and lectures at national and international meetings for trainees, consultant surgeons and other healthcare professionals.
- Royal College of Surgeons
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- European Society for Sports Knee Surgery and Arthrocopy (ESSKA)