Mr Heilpern is a highly experienced specialist knee surgeon. He performs all aspects of knee surgery including ligament reconstruction, meniscal surgery, realignment osteotomy and robotic partial and total knee replacement.
He has developed a special interest in sports injuries in elite and recreational athletes with a particular emphasis on return to play whilst avoiding surgery wherever possible. As an avid and expert skier and snowboarder he has considerable experience and expertise treating all ski injuries whether minor or complex with a view to returning patients to the piste.
Mr Heilpern regularly teaches other surgeons techniques of ligament reconstruction, meniscal repair and knee replacement and has only recently stepped down as Director of Surgery at the South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre – the largest joint replacement unit in Europe.
Mr Heilpern prides himself on delivering world class care and will offer bespoke advice and treatment. He uses a large network of handpicked physiotherapists and sports physicians to facilitate a rapid recovery and a timely return to play.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Kingston Hospital NHS Trust, Kingston upon Thames
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Multiple publications in internationally peer-reviewed journals
- Contributed to the Oxford Textbook of Orthopaedics
- On the faculty for the King's College Hospital FRCS (Tr and Orth) revision course, on which he also regularly lectures and teaches
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh