Mr Ball has a special interest in sports knee injuries, complex ligament reconstruction and re-alignment surgery. For several years Mr Ball has been involved in the management of professional athletes from many different sports including Premiership Football and Rugby, International Cricket, Netball, Hockey, Lacrosse, Ballet, Judo, Cycling, and Olympic Sports. The skills acquired managing top level athletes benefit the wider population and sports people of all levels.
Mr Ball is passionate about delivering the highest possible standard of patient care. He is actively involved in research and innovation. He has recently been involved in research on the medial collateral ligament and in particular its importance in ACL injuries.
Mr Ball is an extremely keen sportsman and has played many different sports. He represented England Independent Schools Football at both U16 and U19 level before going to Cambridge University where he achieved 4 consecutive Football Blues’ and captained the University Football Club. He then went on to play semi-professional football. He continues to play sport albeit at a slower pace!
Due to Mr Ball’s sporting background he fully understands the health benefits of sport and its role within the community. For many patients, sport is not just a recreation but a way of life.
- BASK Research Committee
- Fortius Research Committee
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Trust
- Service Director, Trauma & Orthopaedics, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Trust
- Clinical Lead, Trauma & Orthopaedics, Homerton University Hospital NHS Trust
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Homerton University Hospital NHS Trust
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Multiple Book Chapters
- Regularly presents at national and international meetings
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor
- Regular faculty member on Orthopaedic courses