Mr Dabis has a specialist interest in knee preservation and sports knee injuries.
John has extensive training and experience in all aspects of knee pathology, ranging from paediatric knee conditions, ligament ruptures and sports injuries, to complex and revision knee surgery. He is trained in using navigation, robotics and minimally invasive techniques. John has trained and has experience in all aspects of knee surgery, he is fellowship trained by both national and international leading authorities in knee preservation techniques.
John graduated from Bart’s and the Royal London Medical school in 2006, then went on to complete his specialty training in South West London. He undertook a prestigious national fellowship in the UK Osteotomy Centre, Basingstoke, and the world renowned international fellowship in Brisbane Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Centre.
Mr Dabis was awarded the BOSTAA traveling fellowship in Europe, and is fellowship trained in trauma as well as having been awarded the AO trauma fellowship in Boston Massachusetts. Furthermore, John attended a trauma observership in Pretoria, South Africa. He was appointed as Consultant specialist Knee and Trauma surgeon in Kingston Hospital in July 2019.
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Mumbai International Knee Osteotomy Course
- Basingstoke Knee Masterclass
- The Arthrex Live Knee Surgery Symposium
- I have received awards from specialty societies, BOSTAA and ESSKA
- I have published extensively and have presented over 40 national/international presentations.
- I have also contributed to five text books.