Mr Anand is a leading specialist knee surgeon in Surrey and London.
He trained at University College London Medical School and graduated in 2002. He completed an additional degree in Orthopaedic Science during his medical training. His specialist orthopaedic training was in Cambridge and London. He has comprehensive specialist fellowship training in all aspects of knee surgery. He has a large sports knee injury practice and he has acquired considerable knowledge in treating high demand athletes. He applies these principles to all the patients he treats. He looks after a number of rugby and football clubs. He also has a specialist interest in knee arthritis. His aim is to reserve a total knee replacement as a last resort so prefers to use biological treatments or partial replacements to preserve the native knee if possible. His passion within knee surgery is in sports injuries, ACL injuries, robotic knee replacements, partial knee replacements and patella instability.
He is often consulted for a specialist second opinion from both his colleagues and patients.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Knee surgeon at SWLEOC (The South West London Elective
- Orthopaedic Centre) Consultant Knee surgeon at Croydon University Hospital
- Director of surgery at SWLEOC
Publications lectures and teachings
- Mr Anand has published extensively on the knee. His recent research work focus on ACL surgery, Patella instability and return to sport.
- He has served on both national and international committees for knee surgery.
- He is currently on the SICOT (International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology) sports knee committee and his work involves education on an international level.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- The European Society for Sports Traumatology
- Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- SICOT International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (SICOT)
- National Orthopaedic Alliance