Dr Towlerton specialises in non-surgical treatments for the back, neck and leg.
He has particular expertise in treating lumbar, sciatica, neck and shoulder pain. He has treated many elite athletes from a wide range of sports for over a decade. His special interests include spinal interventional procedures and injections and spinal cord stimulation.
Recent and current appointments.
- Consultant in the Magill Department, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
- Consultant at the Royal Brompton Hospitals
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Contributed chapters to publications on aspects of pain medicine including clinical governances, intrathecal opioids, Parkinson’s disease, anaesthesia safety and topical analgesic
- An international lecturer and teacher on courses in pain medicine, anaesthesia and medico-legal medicine
- British Medical Association
- The British Pain Society
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- World Institute of Pain