Mr Stewart Tucker is a private Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in London specialising in back and spine conditions. His areas of expertise include scoliosis in adults, degenerative cervical and lumbar disease, spinal trauma and tumours, sciatica, spinal deformity, disc prolapse and complex spinal revision surgery.
Mr Tucker completed his MBBS in 1988 at The Middlesex Hospital, University College London, his FRCS in 1992 at the Royal College of Surgeons of England and finally, obtained his FRCS (Orth) in 1996.
He became a Consultant spinal surgeon at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in 1999 and later began practising at the Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children in 2004. He is now a senior spinal surgeon and clinical lead at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust and honorary Consultant spinal surgeon at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital.
Areas of expertise
- Back and spine conditions and surgery
- Conservative and surgical management of scoliosis/kyphosis
- Degenerative cervical and lumbar disease
- Spinal trauma and spinal tumours
- Complex revision spinal surgery
Current and recent appointments
- Great Ormond Street Hospital and Honorary Consultant at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Cervical Spine Society
- British Scoliosis Society