Mr Ember specialises in the treatment of adult and paediatric spinal conditions.
His interests and areas of expertise include lumbar and cervical degenerative disc disease (including low back pain and sciatica), spinal tumours and infection. He has a particular expertise in the treatment of paediatric and adult spinal deformity (scoliois and kyphosis ). As well as surgical treatment, Mr Ember undertakes spinal injection therapy (caudal epidural, selective nerve root blocks and facet joint blocks).
Mr Ember has set up and actively participates in multi-disciplinary team (MDT) throughout his practice. The MDT aims to improve the quality of patient care by involving numerous different specialists in the decision making process.
Recent and current appointments
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick, London
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Contributes to publications in the field of spinal surgery
- Lectures and teaches about spinal conditions
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- British Scoliosis Society
- Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- British Medical Association
- GMC full registration (4191128)