Dr Thomas is a Consultant in Spine & Pain Medicine. His practice provides diagnosis and a full range of treatments for painful conditions where surgery is not indicated or is not yet needed. Common issues include degenerative and arthritic conditions, spine, joint and back injury, slipped spinal discs, and pain medicine advice after acute sporting injuries. He has experience across the age ranges, having undertaken dual pain medicine training.
Dr Thomas qualified from St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Hospital in 2000 and studied Pain Medicine at both the Imperial School NW London Deanery, and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant in Pain Medicine, Lead for Acute and Transitional Pain Medicine, Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Peer reviewed journal publications in the British Journal of Anaesthesia, Expert opinion in Pharmacotherapy and Intensive Care Medicine
- Contributor of book chapters including the Encyclopedia of Pain, Medical leadership (Bridging the divide)
- Author of e-learning for health pain management modules. Prize winning presentations at the British Pain Society and IASP (ISPP)
- Regularly lectures domestically and internationally in the field of pain and spinal medicine
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- RCOA Faculty of Pain Medicine
- British Pain Society