Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
BSc, MB BS (Hons), MSc (Sports Med.)(Hons), FRCS (Orth & Trauma), MFSEM (UK)
Mr Ali Narvani is a Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic surgeon specialising exclusively in Shoulder and Elbow surgery.
Ali completed undergraduate and postgraduate training in London. He was then awarded two prestigious fellowships in shoulder and elbow surgery, one as “Paul Calvert Fellow” working with Andrew Wallace in London, and the other at the internationally renowned Reading Shoulder Unit working with Stephen Copeland and Ofer Levy. These have provided Ali with super specialist training in his clinical interest areas which include open and arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery including tendon repair, stabilisations, trauma and arthroplasty (joint replacement). Ali has completed a MSc (Distinction) in Sports Medicine and has membership of Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK).
- Ali is a Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon at Rowley Bristow Unit, Ashford & St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust.
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Ali is active in research and has published and presented extensively on Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, Sports injuries, and Orthopaedics.
- He has over 25 “medline” peer- reviewed publications and has regularly lectured nationally and internationally.
- Mr Narvani is an editor of a textbook in sports medicine and has authored a number of other book chapters in Orthopaedics and Sports Surgery.
- He has also been a member of faculty at a number of international shoulder courses.
- British Medical Association
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- Arthroscopic Association of North America