Mr Ali Narvani is a Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma surgeon, specialising exclusively in Shoulder and Elbow surgery.
Ali has a wealth of specialist training and expertise in treating a range of shoulder and elbow conditions and injuries. His specialist interests include open and arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery including tendon repair, stabilisations, trauma and arthroplasty (joint replacement). Ali has completed a MSc (Distinction) in Sports Medicine and has membership of Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK).
Ali completed undergraduate and postgraduate training in London at the United Medical and Dental School of Guys & St Thomas’ (UMDS, University of London) and at University College London. He was awarded two prestigious fellowships in shoulder and elbow surgery, one as “Paul Calvert Fellow” working with fellow Fortius Consultant Andrew Wallace in London, and the other at the internationally renowned Reading Shoulder Unit working with Stephen Copeland and Ofer Levy.
Mr Narvani’s clinical interests
- Arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder stabilisation
- Shoulder replacement
- Sports injuries of shoulder & elbow
Recent and current appointments
- Ali is a Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon at Rowley Bristow Unit, Ashford & St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust.
- Distinction in pathology examination of MB BS
- The Institute of Sports Medicine Millennial Bursary Prize
- Distinction in Sports Medicine MSc
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Ali is active in research and has published and presented extensively on shoulder and elbow surgery, sports injuries, and orthopaedics.
- He has over 60 “Pubmed” peer- reviewed publications and has regularly lectured nationally and internationally.
- Mr Narvani is an editor of a textbook in sports medicine and has authored a number of other book chapters in Orthopaedics and Sports Surgery.
- He has also been a member of faculty at a number of international shoulder courses.
- British Medical Association
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- Arthroscopic Association of North America
- European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow
- Society for Tennis Medicine & Science