Mr David Hargreaves treats a wide range of degenerative and traumatic conditions in adults and children. He specialises in minimal access surgery.
A keen amateur sportsman himself (golf, tennis coach, sailing, skiing), he understands the importance of technical excellence. He has developed an expertise in the management of sports injuries of the upper limb from a wide range of sports, including international cricket, hockey, rugby, football, sailing and golf. He also has experience with the management of musicians and performing artists and fully recognises the importance they place on manual dexterity.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Orthopaedic Hand Surgeon. University Hospitals Southampton
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Southampton
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Numerous scientific publications on upper limb surgery in peer reviewed journals
- Book chapters in the specialist fields of wrist and elbow surgery
- Reviewer for Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, European Journal of Hand Surgery and Annals of Royal College of Surgeons
- Invited lecturer at National and International meetings
- Undergraduate Medical School: Head coordinator of 4th year (incl Orthopaedics)
- Postgraduate: Lecturer for Hand Diploma and Royal College of Surgeons
- Examiner for Hand Surgery in FRCS (Orth) Examination
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Orthopaedic Association