Mr Patel specialises in all aspects of Shoulder and Elbow surgery. This includes the management of sports injuries, instability, rotator cuff tears, trauma, frozen shoulder and shoulder replacement.
Mr Patel was appointed as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in 1999 and joined Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust in 2001. In addition to a busy clinical practice, Mr Patel has served in a number of management roles including Clinical Lead for Trauma and Orthopaedics from 2008-12, Clinical Quality Lead for Surgery, Critical Care and Anaesthesia from 2016-19 and as Medical Director of SWLEOC from Jan 2020.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Medical Director, South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre, Epsom
- Surgeon Member, Surgical Performance Committee, National Joint Registry.
Publications and academic
- Mr Patel has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals. http://www.armdocs.com/info/research-education/vipul-patels-publications
- Mr Patel is the supervisor for a BOA Future Leaders’ Fellowship at Epsom.
- Mr Patel has served on the faculty of AO Trauma courses and courses on Shoulder Arthroplasty.
- Mr Patel is a reviewer for the Bone and Joint Journal and Shoulder and Elbow.
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS)
- AO Trauma
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Shoulder arthroscopy, shoulder arthroplasty, surgery for shoulder and upper limb trauma, elbow surgery
More information and background can be found at: www.armdocs.com