Mr Richards specialises in treating shoulder and elbow problems.
His clinical interests are arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery particularly in treating sports injuries. Mr Richards practice is solely concerned with problems of the shoulder and elbow. At Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London he has a tertiary referral practice dealing with the most difficult of cases, including the surgical reconstruction of complex shoulder and elbow injuries. Mr Richards uses the latest proven surgical and non-surgical techniques and works closely with leading physiotherapists to provide an integrated approach to recovery that helps each patient to return to work, or their chosen sport, as quickly as possible.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, London
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Written multiple peer-reviewed publications, as well as chapters for surgical textbooks
- Mr Richards's Master’s thesis investigated the effect of rotator cuff tears on the biomechanics of the shoulder joint
- Lectures nationally on shoulder and elbow surgery
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Trauma Society
- Watanabe Club