Ian Holloway is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who specialises in hip and knee replacement.
He trained in London and was a senior trainee at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital. He spent a year in Australia undertaking hip and knee arthroplasty fellowships in Sydney and Melbourne.
In addition to primary hip and knee replacement, he undertakes revision hip replacement for cases with significant bone loss and for periprosthetic fractures. He has built on his experience on the Bone Tumour Unit at Stanmore and treats patients with metastatic bone disease with an emphasis on early symptom control and aggressive rehabilitation.
He uses an accelerated postoperative rehab regime to allow early mobilisation and discharge.
- Hip and knee arthritis
- Failed hip replacement
- Periprosthetic fractures
- Knee arthroscopy (excluding ligament reconstruction)
- Consultant Hip and Knee surgeon, London North West Healthcare NHS Trust
- Clinical Director for Orthopaedics London North West Healthcare NHS Trust 2017-2021
Publications, lectures and teaching
- National and international speaker on enhanced recovery after hip and knee replacement
- Deputy training programme director North West Thames Orthopaedic higher surgical training programme
- Publications in hip and knee surgery in peer-reviewed journals