Mr Philip Mitchell is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who specialises in hip and knee replacement.
After leaving Epsom College, Mr Mitchell trained at St Mary's Hospital and then underwent specialist training on the South West London Training Scheme. He spent a year in Vancouver on Fellowship with the Adult Reconstruction team, the premier joint reconstruction fellowship in the world. Following this Mr Mitchell was appointed in 2002 as Consultant at St George's Hospital, London. Mr Mitchell is a hip and knee surgeon performing primary and revision hip and knee replacement. He is now Medical Director at the South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre, the busiest joint replacement centre in the UK. Mr Mitchell uses an accelerated postoperative rehab regime to allow early mobilisation and discharge.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant orthopaedic surgeon St George's Hospital, London
- Consultant orthopaedic surgeon and Medical Director, South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre
- Member of ODEP and Beyond Compliance boards
- Member of board, Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Alliance ARMA
- British Orthopaedic Association - member of Council 2013-2016
- British Hip Society
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
Publications, lectures and teaching
- National and international speaker on hip and knee replacement
- Co-Convener of St George's Revision Hip meeting, UK's major Hip Revision meeting
- Publications in hip and knee surgery in peer-reviewed journals