Professor Cathy Speed
Consultant in Rheumatology, Sport and Exercise Medicine
Professor Speed specialises in the management of elite athletes and patients of all ages with arthritis and complex pain, bone and soft tissue conditions.
The focus of her clinical practice is to ensure people receive a clear diagnosis, an understanding of their condition, and an effective management plan to enable them to return to full activity and well-being. Medical interventions include ultrasound guided injections, and shock wave therapy. Professor Speed uses her background in exercise physiology to develop a holistic therapeutic approach including exercise based strategies and optimal nutrition.
Recent and current appointments
- Substantive Professor of Sports Medicine at the University of St Mark & St. John, Plymouth
- Consultant in Rheumatology, Sport & Exercise Medicine at the Cambridge Centre for Health and Performance, Cambridge UK
- Senior Physician, English Institute of Sport
- Chief Medical Officer to GB Badminton and Middlesex County Cricket Club at Lords
- Previously Chief Medical Officer for the Athlete Holding Camp in China during the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008
To find out more, or to arrange an appointment please contact my secretary, Sureena Wayling who will be more than happy to help:
DDI: +44 (0) 203 195 2344
Fax: +44 (0) 203 070 0106