Mr Maxim Horwitz is an established Hand Surgeon who treats both adult and paediatric patients across central London.
His first goal is to avoid surgery if possible. He offers hand and upper limb trauma management, tendon and carpal tunnel surgery, fracture fixation as well as the very latest techniques like Xiapex for Dupuytren's Disease. He treats all age paediatric patients from babies to teenagers and adults with hand and wrist trauma to congenital lesions and neuromuscular conditions. He works with experienced hand therapists who help with rehabilitation.
Maxim Horwitz works with top teams, athletes and musicians to help recover from injury and return to peak performance as soon as possible - from internationally acclaimed musicians to Olympic athletes and Premiership footballers, International cricketers, boxers, rugby players and many others.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Hand and Orthopaedic Surgeon, Chelsea and Westminster NHS Trust
- Honorary Consultant, St Mary’s NHS Trust
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Numerous scientific publications on hand and wrist surgery in peer reviewed journals
- Book chapters in the specialist fields of hand and wrist surgery
- Invited lecturer at National and International hand meetings
- Postgraduate: Supervisor for the British Society of Hand Surgery Diploma
- Member of the British Society of Hand Surgery Audit Committee
- Research : Collaboration with Kidgley Biomechanic Lab at Imperial College London
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Medical Association