Mr Nick Savva is a Consultant Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon with expertise in the management of foot and ankle conditions.
His surgical interests include bunions, lesser toe deformity correction, forefoot pain and ankle instability. He also has particular interest in the treatment of tendinopathies, arthritis, and sports injuries, which he works closely with therapists on to obtain the best outcome for his patients. In addition, he has extensive experience in general orthopaedic surgery and trauma of the upper and lower limb. Where possible Mr Savva uses arthroscopic and minimally invasive techniques.
Mr Savva qualified in 1994 at St Bartholomew's Hospital, London, and went on to gain his surgical fellowship in 1998. After a further six years of specialist training in orthopaedic surgery, he gained FRCS (Tr & Orth) in 1997. His expertise in the treatment of lower limb, foot and ankle trauma led him to Seattle in 2004, when he was awarded an AO Trauma Travelling Fellowship. Two years later he won the British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society Travelling Fellowship for 2006. During this year he took advantage of the opportunity to work in the world-renowned Brisbane Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Unit with Terry Saxby.
More recently, as the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society Travelling Fellow, Mr Savva has shared best practice in several centres of excellence throughout the USA. He has a particular focus on sports injuries and runs an annual conference on the subject. In addition to regularly publishing scientific articles and presenting papers at global conferences or meetings, Mr Savva regularly teaches trainees and allied health professionals.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon, Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester.
- Co-founder of the Dorset Orthopaedic Clinic.
- Clinical Director of the Orthopaedic Department at Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester.
Publications, lectures and teaching
- National and international publications and presentations in the field of Foot and Ankle surgery
- Lectures nationally to surgeons, general practitioners, physiotherapists and podiatrists
- Review panel member for a number of key orthopaedic journals
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Foot and Ankle Society