He has extensive experience treating hip conditions and injuries affecting young and active people, including hip impingement (FAI), hip dysplasia and arthritis. He is familiar with the specific needs of competitive athletes at all levels. He has particular expertise in hip arthroscopy, peri-acetabular osteotomy (PAO) and ceramic on ceramic total hip replacements. He leads the Young Adult Hip Unit at Guy’s Hospital, the tertiary referral centre for the South England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, London (appointed 2002)
- Chair of Steering Committee, British Hip Society Non-Arthroplasty Hip Registry (NAHR)
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Regular Faculty Member at The London Hip Meeting, London Hip Preservation Symposium and Sickle Cell In Focus. Invited lectures at European Hip Society, Charnley Centennial Meeting, International Society of Hip Arthroscopy.
- Published peer-reviewed articles on Stress Fractures after Peri-acetabular Osteotomy, Snapping Hip, Ceramic on Ceramic Hip Replacement, Hip Replacement in Patients Less Than 30 years Old, Hip Replacement in Sickle Cell Disease.
- Book chapters on Clinical Diagnosis in The Young Adult Hip in Sport, and Hip Joint Complications in Joint Hypermobility Syndrom.
- Reviewer for Bone and Joint Journal, Hip International and Journal of Hip Preservation Surgery
- International Society of Hip Arthroscopy (ISHA)
- British Hip Society (Executive Committee Member)
- British Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons