Mr George has a subspecialist practice dealing in conditions around the hip.
His practice is split between hip preservation procedures such as hip arthroscopy for a variety of conditions affecting younger adults including femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) and hip replacement surgery(primary and revision). Whilst Mr George deals with hip problems in patients of all ages from adolescents upwards, a significant proportion of his work is in young adults and he has a special interest in performing uncemented hip replacements with ceramic on cement bearings in patients wishing to return to high end activity.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Orthopaedic Hip Surgeon, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Surgical Directorate Clinical Governance Lead, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Multiple publications in peer reviewed journals on hip replacement and conditions around the hip
- Book chapters on uncemented hip replacements, hip conditions related to joint hypermobility
- Educational and clinical supervisor for higher surgical orthopaedic trainees
- Teaches on hip arthroscopy and postgraduate examination courses
- Reviewer for Bone and Joint Journal and Journal of Hip Preservation Surgery
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (England)