Anne-Marie O'Connor is one of the UK’s leading Musculoskeletal Podiatrists providing podiatric care and gait analysis to patients of all ages, from children with walking concerns, recreational and elite sports enthusiasts, pre/post-surgery pain and dysfunction during walking and sporting activities to older people with degenerative foot pain.
Ms O’Connor uses video technology to analyse movement patterns, along with running and walking assessments to fit the needs of the individual.
Using a 3D digital scanner, she can replicate the foot's profile to prescribe high quality custom orthotics, designed to fit into appropriate footwear, alleviate symptoms and help to restore a more efficient movement pattern.
- Biomechanial assesments
- Diagnosis of foot and ankle injuries
- Rehabilitation exercise programmes
- Walking and posture examinations and re-education
- Pre and post-surgery walking or running analysis
- Running style performance assessment
- High quality bespoke and premade orthotics
- Daily and athletic footwear advice
- Education workshop to groups and individuals
Recent and current appointments
- Podiatric consultant to Chelsea Football club since 2007
- Working with elite athletes in all sports
- Wimbledon Tennis Championship since 2012
- NBA Basketball teams in USA which she visits regularly
- Podiatrist for London Olympics 2012
Publications, lectures and teaching
Ms O'Connor currently lectures on lower limb biomechanics and gait analysis on the Sports and Orthopaedic Medicine MSc course at the Royal London Hospital and is regularly invited to speak at European conferences.