Dr Mangat's special areas of interest include Musculoskeletal Imaging, Oncological and Cross Sectional Imaging.
After qualifying from Guys and St Thomas Medical School in 1998, Dr Mangat obtained his core medical training from teaching hospitals in London. He went on to obtain membership at the Royal College of Physicians London in 2003, and then entered into Specialist Radiology training at The Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. His fellowship training at the Royal Marsden Hospital complemented these interests.
In 2009, Dr Mangat was appointed a Consultant Radiologist with an interest in Musculoskeletal Imaging at Kingston Hospital NHS Trust.
Dr Mangat has published in the BMJ and presented at many international Radiological meetings including the International Cancer Imaging Society, the UK Radiological Congress and The Radiological Society of North America.
Audits of his Interventional work have demonstrated no adverse outcomes and excellent patient satisfaction.
Dr Mangat is the lead IT and Musculoskeletal Imaging Radiologist at Kingston Hospital, he is currently involved in a project which will bring state of the art cloud based technology to healthcare.
Personal interests include cycling and Nimrat competed in the last London Ride 100 with a respectable time!
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Radiologist with a specialist interest in Musculoskeletal imaging, Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (since 2009)
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Clinical Excellence Award 2016 (Level 3): State of the art Frozen Shoulder treatment, development of an integrated and automated Job Planning tool and management responsibility
- Published work presented at the British Orthopaedic Association Annual Congress
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (London)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (London)
- Member of the European Society of Skeletal Radiology (ESSR)