Mr Bridle specialises in hip and knee replacement surgery. As well as performing a large number of primary replacements, he has an interest in revision surgery following implant failure and in particular the treatment of infected hip and knee replacements.
Mr Bridle was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at St. George’s Hospital in 1994 and continued in this role until August 2016. As well as a busy clinical practice, he has been active in management, including roles as Lead for Orthopaedics and Clinical Director for Surgery and Clinical Director for Major Trauma.
- Hip and knee arthritis
- Failed joint replacement
- Infected hip and knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy (excluding ligament reconstruction)
Recent and current appointments
- Honorary Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, St George’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Honorary Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Elective Orthopaedic Centre, Epsom
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Has participated in research projects and contributed to a number of publications during his career
- He has been heavily involved with training junior doctors and helped supervise a Senior Fellow at St George’s. He lectures on revision hip surgery on a regular basis
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Hip Society