Mr Harvey is a Consultant Spinal Surgeon who specialises in neck pain and back pain, as well as nerve pain related to these conditions.
Jason believes in minimal intervention to treat spinal conditions, where appropriate. He works closely with physiotherapists, pain specialists and other health professionals to optimise patients' treatments, prior to undertaking any surgical procedures.
His training in spinal surgery took place at Southampton University Hospital and The Frenchay Hospital, Bristol. He also completed a spine fellowship in Brisbane, Australia. Mr Harvey has a particular interest in surgery of the cervical spine.
- Consultant Spinal Surgeon, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth
- Publications, lectures and teaching
Lectures both nationally and internationally
- Has written peer-reviewed publications, as well as chapters in spinal surgical textbooks
- Reference centre for cervical disc replacement surgery
- Teaches cervical disc replacement techniques to Consultant Spine Surgeons and Neurosurgeons
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
- AO Spine (Faculty)