Mr James Colville was appointed as a Consultant in plastic, hand and reconstructive surgery at St George’s Hospital NHS foundation trust in 2005, and is still an active member of the team. He is trained in all aspects of hand surgery but specialises in arthritis, Dupuytrens disease, nerve compressions, such as carpal and cubital tunnel compression as well as trigger finger. He also has an interest in post-traumatic reconstruction and skin cancer surgery of the upper limb.
Mr Colville trained in Norwich, East Grinstead, Newcastle and took a hand fellowship in a world renowned centre in the USA.
He runs busy hand clinics and is also involved with hand trauma and reconstruction.
Mr Colville's clinical interests
- Hand Arthritis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and cubital tunnel compression
- Trigger finger
- Dupuytrens disease
- Upper limb skin cancers
Recent and current appointments
- Lead consultant Hand surgeon at St George’s Hospital NHS foundation trust
- Member of the national Instructional hand course
- Examiner of the final plastic surgery Exam FRCS (Plast)
Publications, teaching and research
- 23 peer reviewed national and international papers
- Gives regular lectures at the instructional hand course
- A number of active research projects, One of which is nationally supported.
- British Society of surgery of the Hand (BSSH)
- British Association of Plastic, reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (BAPRAS)