Mr Ahmed is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, specialising in shoulder, elbow and hand surgery.
His clinical interests include arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery including management of complex shoulder injuries by arthroscopic and minimal invasive means.
Mr Ahmed has pioneered keyhole techniques for fixation of complex shoulder fractures and has presented his technique both nationally and internationally. Several scientific papers describe his technique. He has a keen interest in sports and has treated many professional sports persons including Premier league footballers and rugby players. In 2012, he was selected as a member of the shoulder and elbow specialist team by LOCOG for the London Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon and Lead Clinician, Whipps Cross University Hospital, Bartshealth NHS Trust, London
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Written multiple peer-reviewed publications
- Mr Ahmed's Master’s thesis investigated the management of complex elbow fractures by minimal invasive fixation
- Lectures nationally on shoulder and elbow surgery
- Teaches on courses for the FRCS (Tr & Orth) degree
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons