Amit’s practice covers all aspects of foot and ankle problems and he adopts a careful and pragmatic approach to surgical decision-making.
Amit undertook a year-long fellowship in Toronto, Canada developing his specialist skills, including formal training in ankle replacement surgery. Further fellowships in Seattle and Baltimore, USA culminated in being appointed in 2011 to St George’s Hospital, one of London’s four Major Trauma Centres.
Amit’s special interests include the full spectrum management of foot and ankle sports injuries, including high ankle sprains, ankle instability and impingement, peroneal tendon dysfunction, lisfranc injuries and achilles tendon disorders. He also frequently offers second opinions on complex forefoot problems, including failed bunion and toe surgery.
Amit takes pride in working with a specialist network of sports doctors, physiotherapists, osteopaths and podiatrists, to achieve the best outcomes for his patients.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon, St Georges Hospital NHS Trust
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Over 20 peer-reviewed scientific papers published
- Reviewer for Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- Invited faculty member for local, national and international foot and ankle meetings
- British Foot and Ankle Society
- British Trauma Society
- Royal College of Surgeon’s of England