Dr Patel specialises in all aspects of rheumatology, his clinical expertise includes rheumatoid arthritis; psoriatic arthritis; gout; polymyalgia rheumatic; vasculitis and lupus, bone problems such as osteoporosis and bone marrow oedema syndromes and stress fractures.
Dr Patel qualified from the University of Southampton in 1984 and since then has worked in a variety of hospitals in England and in New Zealand. Following training in general internal medicine he specialised in rheumatology.
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant Rheumatologist at King’s College Hospital NHS Trust
- Honorary Senior Lecturer and Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine at King’s College London
Publications, lectures and teachings
- Dr Patel has previously been active in clinical research and has experience in conceiving interesting clinical questions, grant submission, research supervision and delivering research projects.
- Written over 50 publications that include original research, editorials, reviews and other contributions.
- American Society for Bone & Mineral Research
- Bone Research Society
- British Society for Rheumatology
- Royal Colleage of Physicians
- Royals Society for Medicine