Dr Mottaleb’s clinical interests include managing both acute and chronic pain problems using a holistic approach, using both interventional and non-interventional techniques to ensure patients get the best care possible. He uses a range of treatments like spinal steroid injections, radiofrequency ablation and pulsed radiofrequency to treat facet joint dysfunction and radiculopathies. Adopting these techniques along with infusions and medications, Dr Mottaleb is able to expertly treat neuropathic type pain including CRPS and post-surgical pain syndromes.
Dr Mottaleb studied at the Royal Free and University College London Medical School, graduating with honours and combining this degree with a BSc in Psychology. He completed his training in anaesthesia and pain medicine in London, undertaking pain fellowships at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in conjunction with University College London.
Recent and current appointments
- Pain fellowships at Kingston NHS Foundation Trust and The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Dr Mottaleb teaches on numerous national courses for ultrasound guided pain interventional techniques
- Dr Mottaleb contributes to regular research in anaesthesia and pain management including chronic back pain and spinal surgery, radiofrequency techniques and pelvis pain. A number of his published studies have featured in Anaesthesia & Intensive Care Medicine Journal, The British Journal of Pain Journal and more.
- Fellow Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Fellow Faculty of Pain Medicine
Dr Mottaleb will be speaking at our live webinar on Spinal and Back Injuries on Wednesday 21st April. Register now to guarantee your place.