Dr Bennett has a particular interest in injury prevention, injury rehabilitation and maximising performance.
She has worked with a number of elite athletes from a wide range of sports as well as keen amateur sports enthusiasts. She has particular experience working with footballers and gymnasts. She currently works with the Football Association and is Chief Medical Officer with the British Equestrian Federation looking after Team GBR riders. Dr Bennett has worked with Team GB at two Olympic Games, two summer World University Games and one Winter University Games. She was previously a partner in general practice for five years. She works closely with her surgical and radiology colleagues at the Fortius Clinic and is able to diagnose and advise on a wide range of conditions.
Recent and current appointments
- Chief Medical Officer British Equestrian Federation
- Football Association Medical Lead for Women’s Super League, Championship and Women’s Pathway
- Sports Physician to Norwich City Football Club
- Lead musculoskeletal physician for Bupa, London
- Chief Medical Officer England Women's Football Teams for 14 years
- Chief Medical Office British Gymnastics for 4 years
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Lectured extensively on issues faced by female athletes, her work with British Gymnastics, and ACL injuries in female athletes and Relative Energy Deficit Disorder
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine