Dr Charles Wakeley is a Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist who works at University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust.
He specialises in musculoskeletal radiology using Xrays, Computerised Tomography, Ultrasound and MRI to diagnose bone and joint problems and sports injuries. He has looked after Rugby, Football and Cricket clubs in the Bristol area and also elite athletes in many other sports. As a keen sportsman he is particularly sympathetic to the “not so elite” athletes!
Recent and current appointments
- Consultant, University Hospital Bristol NHS Trust, Bristol
- Senior Clinical Lecturer, Bristol University
- British Society of Skeletal Radiologists: President (2009-2012)
- Royal College of Radiologists: Final FRCR Examiner (2006-2015)
- Royal College of Radiologists: Senior Examiner (2012 UK, 2014 Singapore)
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Dr Wakeley is co-author of a book, has written 3 chapters and has published over 85 papers on Anatomy, Surgery and Radiology.
- He has lectured nationally and internationally.
- Advisory Editor to Clinical Radiology Journal (Royal College of Radiologists); (2003-2010)
- Royal College of Radiologists
- British Society of Skeletal Radiologists
- European Society of Skeletal Radiologists